Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Proverbs 31 Woman: Wife of Valor


I came across a great link (shared below) and wanted to share. I just love the title of "wife of Valor" Maybe because I call my guys my Mighty Men of Valor and it sounds/feels so empowering :) I can do this; I am a Wife of Valor. That is my current motto as I dig for precious jewels in Proverbs 31 in the month of February.  .
Of what value can this ancient poem be to the diverse, complex life-styles of women today?
"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." The Hebrew word chayil, translated here "noble," or "virtuous" (KJV), means a wife of valor — a strong, capable woman with strong convictions. 

  I so admire a woman who has strong convictions and lives by them, not imposing them on others. Convictions are personal are they not? I have myself taken my personal convictions and used them as a sounding board to judge others. I am trying to grow in this area of faithfulness to what I have heard and received from the Lord for myself; to encourage others and help them and not try to make them fit my mold.

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
(Having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity, or honor)
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

 "This woman does not do right only when it is convenient and profitable. Her actions are not based on how she is treated by others or by what others think. Her character is steady. She is reliable and dependable.
http://www.gci.org/bible/poetry/prov31"

Proverbs 14:1“A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.” (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment