Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love...believes all things...

  While at church this past Sunday, my mind wandered (for a bit) thinking back at this past year at our church. We first visited in January of last year, and wow, it has been a whole year. Anyway, I was thinking how much we have grown together as a couple this past year and found myself thinking, "I wish our pastor would have married us all those (13) years ago.  I would love it if our pastor led us in rededicating  our vows in this church..." And then I sighed because Matt is not the renewing/rededicating type of guy and our pastor probably doesn't do that kind of thing anyway.
   Well, on the way home in the church parking lot, Matt looks me in the eyes and proceeds to tell me before God and all the kiddo's in the car, "I want you to know that I just love you so much. I want you to know that I love that I get to see you growing closer to Christ and watch you become who God created you to be, and like our pastor said this morning, it excites me and I am so blessed to be a part of it., to witness this miracle, of you."~ My Man. Says this to me with misty eyes.
and I felt....renewed, rededicated, and practically in our church.

This is the quote that we heard in church. Well Matt heard, I was daydreaming of renewing our vows...

“Within the Christian vision for marriage, here’s what it means to fall in love. It is to look at another person and get a glimpse of the person God is creating, and to say, ‘I see who God is making you, and it excites me! I want to be part of that. I want to partner with you and God in the journey you are taking to his throne. And when we get there, I will look at your magnificence and say, ‘I always knew you could be like this. I got glimpses of it on earth, but now look at you!’” (Timothy & Kathy Keller, "The Meaning of Marriage")


Me and my dream-boat.  Keeper of my heart. You are so much more than I would have ever thought to ask for. I'm so blessed to be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment