Sunday, January 29, 2012

Workout Solution

I have finally found a great solution for workouts, and I am not going to the gym, or coordinating mommy stroller-walk play dates (that seriously worked my nerves, not so much my buns and thighs) which cut into most of a whole day.  Matt bought me Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for Christmas. (I made him a list this year) 

We have been working out together 4 times a week or more, sometimes the boys join us.  The work outs are 20 min. When I was going to the gym, it would take me twenty minutes to get there, plus forty minuted to an hour work out time. I would cycle, weight train, treadmill and weight train some more. This 20 min DVD gave me results in a fraction of the time I was spending at the gym. Speaking of spending, the DVD was what, 14.99?? No more gym membership for us. I've not felt this strong and in this good of shape since before Blessing # 2 was born. 20 minutes.  14.99.

The hardest part was fighting the desire to have a routine. Sometimes we Shred in the evening, sometimes on a Saturday morning, sometimes well after kiddo's bedtime. We just have been encouraging each other and Matt has held babies some nights while I work out. The WONDERFUL thing is, even if the babies are crying, it's late and I'm tired, or we have a furiously busy weekend; it is only 20 minutes! <3 it!

No comments:

Post a Comment