Friday, February 24, 2012

garage solutions

I'm actually excited to walk in to my garage this week.  Have I ever said that?  We are in the process of going through the garage and getting rid of things, and making a laundry station and pantry area. This passed weekend we were given a small chest freezer, and storage shelves. Whoo-hoo!

Now at the back of the garage I have the freezer and storage for house paper products, humidifiers, and serving dishes. I pulled a long dresser that was at the back of the garage parallel to the washer and dryer, making a laundry room (as close as I can get to one). The dresser has 9 drawers that store (among other things), my tools, extra dishes, off-season sheets,batteries and laundry supplies. Three laundry baskets sit nicely on top of the dresser; one for unders and towels, the other for regular wash, and a small basket for "smalls" like baby socks and nursing pads (TMI?).

 Simple Solutions:
  *Trash can next to the dryer. No-brainer, right? well, it took me about 10 years to 'get' this one.

  *Towel on top of freezer. This keeps the lid from getting dusty. Just throw in the washer monthly.
 Fold a towel to fit on top of you fridge in the house as well and no more ugly dust blanket on top.

  *Keep dirty clothes in laundry room/area. I have my boys bring dirties to laundry station right after their nightly shower, sort unders/towels from regulars and put in baskets. I don't like dirties hanging out in hampers. This forces me to keep up on laundry, usually two loads per day.


Here's my garage. I plan on some hanging storage for above the freezer for plastic, paper grocery bage and my reusable grocery bags. On the wall to the left of the freezer we are going to install a um, thing (have no idea shat it is called!) to hang my broom, dust pan, Swiffer and steam mop.

I found these inspirational pics online. Love the pegboard! I can see now that even a small one would be so useful next to the washer/dryer.

This other pic, I just had to share. I don't think it is for me, but I had not seen this before. A garage screen door!!! Would love to hear from anyone on this. I don't know what I think other than, wow.

This last pic apeals to my contain-a-mania. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment