Monday, January 23, 2012

My kitchen; where memories are made and displayed

 Love this sign I made (for myself) this Christmas. I really enjoy cooking from old cookware. This one I found at a yard sale down the street. It's the best 2 Bucks I've ever spent. I use this almost daily.
 Having mementos around  is very important to me. These are some old handwritten recipes from both of Matt's grandma's. Waiting on one more from Nana. The small rolling pin I remember playing with on the floor in Nana's kitchen. Now Seth and I use it when we play Play dough.
 The sieve is a treasure from my Nana. The shelf is a Pottery Barn clearance find ; should have bought two, but the one shelf is working out fine. I have a passion for hooks, and some of my measuring spoons hang from the shelf, some on the cabinet beside.
My solace cupboard! The pantries get cluttered and disorganized and need attention now and again; but this cupboard stays neat and tidy, easy on the eyes, but best of all  FUNCTIONAL.  It is my comfort and consolation in what can be a very busy and heavily "used" kitchen. I plan on ordering a vinyl chalk board for the inside of the door to keep a weekly menu plan...and maybe add some more hooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment