Monday, January 16, 2012

let us be reasonable (about being green)

I am a part-time cloth diaper-er, I recycle, compost and have a veggie garden. So it is without guilt that I unashamedly use paper plates. For years I refused them in the house because it went against my non-consumerism. But, with six eaters (that's 3 meals x 6 , 4 snacks x6  daily) we were filling up sink and dishwasher at an alarming pace. We found the switch to paper a very pleasant experience. So if you are like me and need "permission" to consume, I am hereby giving permission to buy the paper plates and may you live happily with them.

*I do write names on reusable paper plates so they can be used for a day, just dump the crumbs :)

2 comments:

  1. I too gave myself permission to use paper plates about 6 months ago! It makes all the difference and I promise we will one day get back to glass :)
    ~ Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I can get all my beloved men to use the same cup all day. I've considered ordering personalized cups or rubber name bands.

    ReplyDelete