Friday, March 30, 2012

The Laundry "Room"

In an earlier post I gave some garage solutions, and shared some pics of my new utility storage rack and chest freezer. It's been a month or so and I am loving having my freezer.  I am buying cheese and bread in bulk and frozen organic bagged veggies and fruit on sale. When grass fed beef and free range organic chicken goes on sale I can stock up, yay! I am enjoying the visibility ok the storage rack especially for canned goods. 
  I recently moved some cabinets and long counter we had purchased for our schoolroom into the garage. We have the baby in what was the schoolroom and didn't have a place (so we thought) to move out the furniture.

This is working amazingly!! Even Matt says it feels like a REAL laundry room.
I say just wait until I get a cute rug and counter top for washer dryer and cute glass canisters for my detergent and........



This is my progress so far:


My laundry room (in progress)
I can hardly look at the floor without cringing. I know, it is the garage, but it is also my laundry area and I spend quite a lot of time in that little space. On the lookout for a cheap rug, hopefully checkered or one I can paint.










 Here are some inspiring pics for the finished area

Too cute










There's those canisters....and bead board may be the thing to finish the wall behind washer/dryer hmmmmm...of course I need a shelf, a good sturdy one.

Let's see what I can find at garage sales tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment